May 15, 2019 11:59pm EDT Deadline for Application Submission
Projects must be completed by May 1, 2019 to be considered.
Winners Announced at NAFSMA 2019 Annual Meeting – August 20-22, 2019
(Award Applications can only be submitted electronically)
Submittal must be made digitally and contain each of the following:
- Completed application form.
- Written explanation of why the submission should be considered (please limit to 3000 words).
- Supporting graphics (limit is 10 items; examples: photos, diagrams, plans, charts, tables, etc.).
Please address the following points in the written explanation portion of your submission.
Project Description (site plan or diagram required; limit 500 words)
- What GI/LID elements were integrated throughout the site’s design?
- What are the local development requirements? How did the project go above and beyond the requirements?
Environmental Impact (limit 500 words)
- What were the benefits?
- What pollutants were treated?
- What habitat was created?
Economic Impact (limit 400 words)
- What constraints helped shape the project?
- Is the project a retrofit or new development?
- How does the project address development/redevelopment goals?
Outreach Efforts (limit 400 words)
- How was the project promoted to other resource professionals and developers?
- What creative methods were used to provide education to public audiences both short and long term?
- How was outreach evaluated, and what audiences were most successfully reached?
- Include copies of promotional pieces if applicable
Results (limit 500 words)
- What policies were developed to encourage LID/GI and long-term operations and maintenance?
- What integration and/or coordination with various regulatory agencies was required for the project?
- What were the capture volume and the % above applicable development requirements?
- What is the cost effectiveness (pollutants removed per acre)?
- Is it an amenity?
- How does the project demonstrate an efficient use of resources?
Maintenance (limit 400 words)
- Describe: Monitoring , Upkeep, Costs and Reporting
Conclusion (limit 300 words)
- What constraints or challenges were overcome?
- How was quality of life affected positively?
Please note that all entries may be used on a DVD or video that will be widely distributed.