July 15 , 2021 11:59pm EDT - Deadline for Application Submission
(Award Applications can only be submitted electronically)
Submittal must be made digitally and contain each of the following:
- Completed application form.
- Written explanation of why the submission should be considered (please limit to 3000 words).
- Supporting graphics (limit is 10 items; examples: photos, diagrams, plans, charts, tables, etc.).
Please address the following points in the written explanation portion of your submission.
Project Description (site plan or diagram required; limit 500 words)
- What GI/LID elements were integrated throughout the site’s design?
- What are the local development requirements? How did the project go above and beyond the requirements?
Environmental Impact (limit 500 words)
- What were the benefits?
- What pollutants were treated?
- What habitat was created?
Economic Impact (limit 400 words)
- What constraints helped shape the project?
- Is the project a retrofit or new development?
- How does the project address development/redevelopment goals?
Outreach Efforts (limit 400 words)
- How was the project promoted to other resource professionals and developers?
- What creative methods were used to provide education to public audiences both short and long term?
- How was outreach evaluated, and what audiences were most successfully reached?
- Include copies of promotional pieces if applicable
Results (limit 500 words)
- What policies were developed to encourage LID/GI and long-term operations and maintenance?
- What integration and/or coordination with various regulatory agencies was required for the project?
- What were the capture volume and the % above applicable development requirements?
- What is the cost effectiveness (pollutants removed per acre)?
- Is it an amenity?
- How does the project demonstrate an efficient use of resources?
Maintenance (limit 400 words)
- Describe: Monitoring, Upkeep, Costs and Reporting
Conclusion (limit 300 words)
- What constraints or challenges were overcome?
- How was quality of life affected positively?
Please note that all entries may be used on a video that will be widely distributed.
Please submit one combined PDF document with your completed application form, written description and supporting graphics. Your PDF file size should be no larger than 32MB.